Friday, September 10, 2010

Blackbird

A couple of things today ... I finally got to finish a project for the new challenge over at The Play Date Cafe ... a colour splash challenge ... This means black and white with a splash of the colour given ( this week there is a choice of 3 splash colours , copper, gold or pink). This is the beautiful inspirational picture ...

 The DT have done some fabulous creations .. pop over and take a look ...

I went with the gold ... I wasn't sure what I was going to do and then a light went on ... literally! 

I came up with a lamp ... I got to use my Tim Holtz  birdcage die for the first time and Love it! I went with a blackbird ... black and white vellum, black cardstock (to make the base) and gold trim using my spellbinders and mirri card ...



This is the light that goes inside ... It is one of those 'click and stick' lights that are not expensive and use a battery ... However I also can fit a glass jar inside should I want to use a tea light ...
It wasn't easy to photograph the lamp with the light on so excuse the next picture ... a bit blurry but just so you can see ...

I added some black crystals and some clear gems, a little flower and some brads ... Not a masterpiece but I had fun making it ... 

Club night went well though we were missing a few people ... thought you might like to see a couple of pictures ...

Me (5th from L) with some of my group, my friend Lynn (3rd from R) and some support workers ..

Working away ...



And these are masterpieces! 



Have a lovely day ...
Till soon


Ros

17 comments:

Stella said...

I think you have a winner with this gorgeous birdcage/light. It's stunning!!
Love the pictures of your group. It's a busy Thursday night for you but I think it's also rewarding; you're doing a fabulous job with this group.
I'm glad I can help. A few supplies are on its way to you!
Hugs and love, XXX

cnelson said...

so fabulous! wow!

Tatanky said...

Hi Ros ! Thanks so much for your beautiful message on my blog. Yeap I was away with chickenpox ! But I'm finally recovered. It was soooo nice to read your post. Muchas gracias :D I'm trying to catch up with everybody. Club night most be so rewarding real food for the soul. Nice lamp projetc. I'll try to catch up with your posts because I can imagine you've been very busy and creating lots of beautiful things. Hugs from Mexico.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a creative idea Ros, and the result is amazing! I want to have a head like yours!!!
Great to see the photos of your Thursday group! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Speaking of masterpieces Ros, I love what you did! Such a great idea with the lamp!! Very pretty!!
Have a great weekend, ~Ira

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab use of this weeks colors, very creative to make a lamp project! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Lynnda said...

What brilliant project Ros... this is so WOW...you nail it... it's really awesome....

have a nice weekends..my friend..xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous project Ros! I love those faux candles - looks stunning! Looks like you also had some fun crafty time with friends :)

Julie Ranae said...

What a wonderfully creative entry for The Play Date Cafe Challenge. I love that you chose gold as your splash of color and shiny at that!
Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hey! what a fab little 'light'. I have a thing about bird cages- just love the images. Yours is beautiful. Great to see club- they all look like they're really enjoying themselves and I agree, their works masterpieces!

Ruby said...

This is fab!!!! What a great idea! So creative! So pleased you could play along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Andrea Ewen said...

Super awesome, Ros! At first, it appeared 3-D to me and I thought naww, then when the light went on (in more ways than one) I realized it was 3-D! How fabulous! Great take on the color challenge, so happy to have you join us at the Play Date Cafe!

Neet said...

Fab - and such a good idea. Love it.

Zue said...

A stunning and original idea.
Sue xx

Suzanne C said...

Love that you made a light shade and a lamp. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

Monique said...

Wow !! This is so creative...Great Job :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY--gold was a great choice! LOVE that cage and the way you took pics of this card! Beautifully done:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC:)