Tuesday, October 19, 2010

City Crafter Challenge Day ...

Hello there ... I've missed you all over the past few days ... I had a great time with my SIL in Anglesey and Wales and crammed a week into 3 days. We laughed and chatted and had a lot of girlie time together, which was so overdue.
I am anxious to see all your creations and have spent ages checking out all last weeks entries on City Crafter Challenge ... but today we have a brand new challenge set by our creator the very talented Kirsty ...
A brilliant challenge where the theme is Rome and the challenge is to make a card/project with a vintage feel ... I have never been to Rome, but it makes me think of the Colosseum, the Trevi fountain, and all the beautiful old romantic films I watched with my Mum ....



I hope my card interprets both the place and the romance ....


In case you are wondering ... I got the image from the internet and changed it to a png. file ... resized it and added the words ... then printed directly onto DP. Lots of Tim Holtz here too in the masking tape border, the key and heart die cuts which I first rubbed with gold buff, then glittered ... large flower from Prima and small flowers from Kirsty ... the rest is from my stash ...
Please pop over to the City Crafter Challenge to see the rest of the DT work together with a lovely card from our GD this week Laurie Willison .
I have sooo much catching up to do ... and look forward to seeing your entries for this challenge ... Have a lovely day

Till soon 
Ros


11 comments:

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous, I love the lock and key,I thought it was metal,very clever getting the image off net.
Glad you had a fab weekend !!!!!

Stella said...

Ros this is stunning...all those gorgeous details and I love your image of the Colosseum. Such a lovely tribute to Rome. If you ever get the chance to go to Rome; I can recommend it. I've been there 2 years ago and I fell in love with that city. I definitely go back. There is so much beauty to see!

Lynnda said...

oh wow Ros... to me this is hard... but you nail it... so beautiful...xx

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card.. PERFECT for this challenge. I love the image you printed.. You do vintage so well.. Hugs, Linda

cnelson said...

gorgeous card! LOVE that image!

Unknown said...

Yes! Rome IS the colosseum, so your interpretation is spot on Ros! Your green background really brings out the building. Well done! Ira x

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous card, Ros! I wish I understood vintage more. I am so unaware as to how to place all these wonderful elements! YOu are indeed an artist at this style.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Not only I love your card, I also love to read your post, you are so good at digital, that image, and how you get to this effect is simply amazing! Well done my friend!
And we missed you too, but glad you had fun!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Ros! I have visited the Colosseum in Rome & surely have capture the Vintage Vibe!

Kathlene said...

Wonderful image and so perfect for the challenge. I'm loving the lace and pretty vintage-y bow with the lock and key. Soo pretty!

Heather Rogers said...

So much romance goig on here. I feel it. LOL Seriously...I love what you did on the computer. You are a genius on the computer.