Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Jingle Belles Rock wk 3

Hi there ... 
This weeks' challenge at Jingle Belles Rock is to use acrylics paints ... naturally the ingenious Lauren and the very talented Stef ... have no problem with coming up with incredible examples for us ... and whilst I love to try new things and learn from others ... I am not one to really use acrylics on cards ... save for the odd touch here and there ... with great trepidation! I love to use acrylics on projects ... it's just so easy ... but I guess we all have a certain 'style' that we adhere to and if I am not happy with a card ... it gets taken apart or shelved ... I won't add something just because ... BUT ... I did want to continue with this challenge and not betray my 'style' ... then I came up with the perfect compromise ...



See, I kept this cute robin from an old card ( yep, more recycling) and seeing the 'snow' ... I decided to add a background to match ... Black card splattered with white acrylic paint!! and it works! and I am happy with it too, cos' I still have all my trade mark 'bits' ...


And you know what? I really enjoyed making this and will do it again ... there is something liberating about splattering paint and getting messy ...

Till soon 

~ Ros ~



22 comments:

Unknown said...

What a smart idea Ros to use your acrylics like this! Snow! Wow, love the effect it created or better still YOU created! And that robin is too cute!

Jay Gee said...

Brilliant idea and use of acrylic paint Ros. Love the card.

Lynnda said...

eeeiii... this is so so cute.... love the paint splatter... do it more ROS... I totally love this one... you nailed it...xoxo

SmilynStef said...

Oh my goodness ... your little spattered snowflakes are the absolutely perfect background for that pretty little recycled bird ... and I love how the snow is on top of him too (because that's how it would be if he was outside in the Iowa night) ... absolutely fabulous holiday card ... so glad you pushed your creative limits and joined our Jingle Belle journey.

lauren bergold said...

WAHEY, miss ros!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥! i have to say that my favorite posts this week are the ones that start out, "i've NEVER used paint onna card..." and end up, "...but i really want to do this again!" :) and then the fact that yours also has that ♥♥♥AMAZING♥♥♥ robin-in-snow card... (with a RECYCLED ROBIN!!!) ...just makes it even a zillion times cooler! i ♥LOVE♥ this, missus! wow!!!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful card.. I love what you did with that paint.. I am with you, I really don't use paint too often. But it looks like fun! I love how you use images off old cards. So clever.. I am going to have to start doing that!

Hope you have a great day!

Hugs, Linda

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Ros! Love the black lace trim and what a fantastic way to recycle!

Deb Hickman said...

Fab idea using the paint to create a snowy background. The card is beautiful and still keeping true to your beautiful vintage style,love it !!!!

Deb x

cnelson said...

This is ohhhhhhh soooooo lovely!!!

Rosemary said...

What a beautiful card you've created and you incorporated the use of the paint so well - this is really pretty.

myself said...

Beautiful card! I love it!

Marianne said...

Yay ! you did it !

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Wonderful! I do not own acrylics and so am not entering this week. But seeing what you have achieved may make me change in the future! Beautiful card with the black lace and stitching added. Cute little robin!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful and gorgeous!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Absolutely beautiful Ros! I think that image is a "good save", it worth using it again and again! Great colors too!

Dawn said...

Oh how I love that sweet little bird! Wonderful way to incorporate the paint! I wish I had thought of that lol. Genius!

Stella said...

Maybe I'm bad mannered but could I have this one for Christmas please? :)
Ros; how clever of you to use acrylic paint this way. And I am in love with that robin. Another stunning card ( as ususal..)
Have a lovely day...XXXX

Sylvia said...

Oh Ros! Everyone has pictures of real birds, just so beautiful! This is a beautiful Christmas card!

Tyggereye said...

This card is so pretty. I mean it totally wouldn't be as wintery with out the paint. How cool!! Great card. Love it!!

Sandy Ang said...

What a wonderful card that is true to you and also incorporates a little of the new. The paint flecking effect looks just like falling snow!

Michelle said...

Wow! This turned out awesome!! I love this cute bird, you matched the bg perfectly! Beautful lace!

~* steph :) *~ said...

what an adorable and gorgeous card, ros! love it. thanks for sharing! *hugs* steph :)