Tuesday, February 22, 2011

City Crafters Challenge ... Nothing to it

Hello there ... I'm back for this weeks' challenge at City Crafters where lovely Linda Robinson is hosting for us and her theme for this week is ... 'Nothing To It' ... which means just that ... no ribbon, buttons, lace or flowers ... really a one dimensional sort of card ... Something 'flat' that can easily go in the mail. I always think digital is the way to go with these challenges ... but I opted for non digital and used a 3d punch instead just to add a bit of interest ...



Some fancy borders cut from pretty MF paper using my SB dies and some not so good stitching ... seems my machine does not like this black thread ...


You can see that the butterflies do lie flat which makes it so much better for posting ... postage here in the UK is expensive ...


I  added a small amount of 'Stickles' just to the centre of the butterflies (ooops! sorry Linda) and used a rubber stamp for the sentiment ... Why not hop on over to the blog to see what the other girls have created ... we have the talented Keri Lee Sereika as our guest designer this week ... and her card is so very elegant ...  her blog is well worth a visit too ...
So I hope you will come and join us this week ... We love to see your beautiful creations 

Till soon

~ Ros ~




12 comments:

cnelson said...

Perfectly lovely!! LOVE the way the butterflies can either lie flat or add dimension!!

Sylvia said...

Ros, Beautiful as always! I love the soft colors of spring and the punching. The butterflies a gorgeous, and so clever! Love the card and the challenge!

Unknown said...

You did a great job on this challenge as usual Ros, I was breaking my head over this one, to be honest. Not too much frills, probably too difficult for me, but I think I might give it a go, though :-)

Stella said...

I am still thinking about a card you definitely gave me some inspiration. Thank you so much :)I have a place in my heart for Melissa Frances supplies and these papers are one of my favorite ( This specific paperis sold out and now they are not for sale anymore....argh!!!)
oops off track..back to your card:)And maybe not so perfect stitching for you but for me it's gorgeous!
I love it!
XXXX

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So sweet, I love the butterflies, I have that same punch but hardly use, thanks for the inspiration, think I need to dig it out and start playing with it.

Anonymous said...

That's some challenge. I think embellishments are like a comfort blanket!!! Great card in response though- not sure I'd have done as well! Ps it's not pancake day! I revised the post this afternoon!!! X

Lynnda said...

Such a sweet card... I heart those butterflies... beauty Ros...hugs...xoxo

Anonymous said...

Stunningly `Beautiful` my friend!I will have to get my thinking cap on for this one???hmmmscratches head!!!!TFI
have a lovely Wednesday..and I do hope you feel a little better Ros:) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Deb Hickman said...

Your card is beautiful !!! I love the butterflies and the papers are so pretty.

Deb x

lauren bergold said...

oof! *FLAT* cards??!?! ok, now that really realllllllllllly would be a BIG challenge for me, i may have to have a go just to see if i even COULD do it!

now YOU on the other hand: WOW! you've hit a home run here, missus. ok, sorry, baseball metaphors are meaningless in the UK; what can i say instead? you've "knocked it for six"??!?! does that work outside of cricket??! :) :) :) well, choose your own VERY COMPLIMENTARY sporting metaphor and consider it to have come from ♥ME♥ your VERY big fan, ok??!?!?!? :)

Unknown said...

sooooo pretty love the card

Unknown said...

WOW!! Your rocked this challenge.. This is wonderful.. I love those butterfly.. So clever..

Hugs, Linda