Friday, May 13, 2011

New Book ...

Hello ...
What a day it has been ... here was I at the end of a busy week with a free morning and a fresh cup of coffee ready to visit you all and what?!!**??
 No Blogger! 
It was so weird ... being out of touch from blogland for so long ... 
I realised just how bad it would be to not have you all there in my life ... maybe it was a reminder to be thankful ... and I truly am ... for your friendships ... and dare I say ... thankful to blogger for making it possible ...

Anyway ... I did manage to create something whilst checking blogger every five minutes ... See ...  I bought the new online magazine Inspired Ideas from Here and was sooo taken by something created by Denise Sharp   (hers was a badge) ... that I had to try it for myself ... it's a collection of butterflies ... printed onto a sheet of a book page ... then you stick several of the pages together to make it thick(ish) and cut out all the butterflies (20 of them) and glue them randomly onto a circle (she used a button) ... you have to buy the magazine to see what she did next ... Gorgeous! Well I did this and wondered what I was then going to do with it ... so I made a book box to put it on ... Lots of pictures here 


I used Tim Holtz papers to cover the outside ... love this paper 


see all those little butterflies ...  aren't they sweet?
I glued them to a cardboard circle ... then onto a rosette and then on to another rosette made by gluing lace to a larger circle (am I making sense?) ...


Inside ... covered with one of my favourite Pink Paislee papers


A closer look


This is very solid as I like to use heavy CS and then back it with cardboard
It measures 5" wide by about 6.5" high ... 


I like to use these boxes for all sorts of things ... I store my handmade flowers in them and other little treasures ... if you are interested in peeking at some others I have done click these links 
Pink ... Blue ... Baby ... Garden ... Piano 
Phew! ... Now I have to go grocery shopping ... and maybe later I can finally catch up with visiting you all 

Have a wonderful evening 

~ Ros ~










16 comments:

jacirascrap said...

Ros! Isso é deslumbrante!!! Amei de coração!! Estou feliz aqui olhando suas borboletas todas juntas!! Boa tarde para ti!!

Chris said...

Oooohhh Ros, this is fabulous. I totally love butterflies. Gorgeous papers, lace and ribbon. Off to check out your links.

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous I love all the butterflies

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Now, that's what I call a butterfly heaven! Wooow, Ros, this is stunning! Beautiful blue shade, just lovely ;)

Deb Hickman said...

I too have been lost without blogger,today i planned to write a post,catch up and leave some comments on my favourite blogs. I've lost comments and my last post. I didn't realize how much I'd miss it,very frustrating.
Wow,your card looks amazing, I bought the magazine too and that was one of the projects that jumped out at me, you did a great job,love it.xxxxx

Linda Breedlove said...

Wow Ros, this is amazing... I just LOVE those butterflies. That is such an unusual look... beautiful. Now I'm off to check out those other boxes.
So nice talking with you today! It was a blessing... thank you!

Sylvia said...

This book box is beautiful, Ros! Love the butterflies, it is all so beautiful! Will have to try the butterfly idea and maybe make some books as well! Such an inspiration! Have a fun and restfull weekend.

Mona Pendleton said...

GORGEOUS project Ros! Love all those butterflies! Such a beautiful keepsake!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Stunning creation, love the soft tones and the cluster of butterflies!

Lynnda said...

WOW....beautiful project Ros... love it...hugs...xoxo

Sandy Ang said...

So admire your butterflies. They seem to be clustering and fluttering so freely and naturally. I can definitely see why you love pink paislee.

Beate said...

Ros, that's gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Hi!
Thanks for your nice comment!
I had such a busy weekend that I totally missed this GORGEOUS project!
WOW! All those butterflies! I love everything about it - the doily and the paper and the big bow - perfect!
Again a feast for the eyes!
Have a nice day!

Stella said...

I am busy catching up and blogger is still a bit weird :) I see a lot of posts reposted and in some of them I can see the comments that I made yesterday and some disappeared again. So frustrating. I hope to be on track with blogging in a few hours :)

And I just looked at this out of this world beautiful project. Ros you're a genius! The butterflies are the eye catcher and this book is a treasure. You havereally outdone yourself; this is priceless and a masterpice...sigh...
Have a lovely day dearie!
XXX

Unknown said...

Your book is amazing Ros! Love how it turned out! The colours are of true beauty and I love how you put all the butterflies together, gorgeous piece of work!

Michelle said...

WOW!! A jaw-dropper!
I love the butterflies, doily and pretty papers!