Monday, October 17, 2011

Jingle Belles Card 42

I finally got my card done ... 
This is my second post today and earlier I was still looking for my inspiration 
This weeks challenge at Jingle Belles is to make a card based on any Christmas holiday song or carol and I think my card speaks for itself ... easy to guess huh?



... the music sheet gives it away ...


"Oh Christmas Tree"
 ... covered in mica flakes and perhaps not the usual colour DP for Christmas ... It was a scrap I had and I just love the colour 




I know I've used this folded tree design before ... I don't tire of it ... it's easy and so effective ... for the trunk I used some corrugated cardboard ... painted with distress stains

Till soon ... have a lovely day/evening

~ Ros ~

13 comments:

jacirascrap said...

Sua dobradura de árvore sempre está linda! Adoraria saber faze-la também! abraços querida!

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous, you certainly did find inspiration. I love the sparkly, 3d Christmas tree.xxxxxxx

Unknown said...

Oooooo! Wonderful folding & i LOVE that glitzy tree! Great minds think alike on the sheet music bg paper ;)

Heather Rogers said...

I love the folds you did to make the pretty Christmas tree. :)
Hugs~

lauren bergold said...

oh my *YES* i loooooooove that folded origami tree and even if you used it EVERY week, i don't think i'd get tired of it b/c you, miss ros, would think of some cool new twist... like pale green paper & mica flakes... or gorgeous vintage sheet music... or fabulous ruffly ribbon... OR ALL OF THOSE!!!!! ♥♥♥!

Lynnda said...

Love the xmas tree Ros... Gorgeous card... hugs...xoxo

SmilynStef said...

Those mica flakes are magical ... awesome holiday card ... so glad you went caroling with us at jingle belles.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fun and festive, I love that origami christmas tree!

Sylvia said...

I love your Christmas card, Ros! I especially like your folded tree. Hope you are feeling better. Have a happy Tuesday.

Unknown said...

It's nice to see some origami again on a card, haven't seen that in a while. Love the glittering accents, let it shine! Hugs, Ira

papertrails leaver said...

it's perfect! I love the dp color and then dipped in the ica flakes makes it all the better! Superb Christmas card Ros!

Amanda Profumo said...

Ros- I LOVE your card! I love everything about it: the sheet music background, that cool folded tree *in my favorite color* and especially the shimmery flakes! Swoon!

Suzanne C said...

Oh what a pretty glimmery tree! Sweet design and beautiful card.