Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Winter Wreath

I haven't entered any challenges in such a while ... but seeing the new challenge over at one of my favourite challenge blogs
 ... and this gorgeous photo 


Well I had to join in ... The challenge is to use neutral colours white / cream ... glitter and silver ... and I adore neutrals ... not to mention glitter 

I bought a plain white wicker heart for £3 a while ago with the intention of decorating it for Christmas and this was the perfect chance ... Sorry I forgot to photograph the heart beforehand so I'll show you a photo of the reverse which is just the same 


I made a whole bunch of flowers ... from paper, fabric and card and grabbed lots of trinkets I had around and this is the finished version


It's been so difficult to photograph so there are a lot of pictures in the hope you an see the glitter and the little trinkets too 


There are glittered and plain silver baubles ... pretty pieces of glass


I made lots of paper roses using sheet music and glittered every one


The snowflake and bell is a Christmas ornament covered in glitter and it sparkles beautifully


Icicles made from earrings


... hand sewn fabric flowers mixed with rolled cardstock flowers

I am really pleased with how this turned out and it looks so pretty hanging on the door
A lovely challenge ... right up my street

Have yourselves a wonderful day - Thanks for stopping by

~ Ros ~






23 comments:

Deb Hickman said...

Wow,wow,wow, this is absoloutely stunning. There is so much work gone into this and surely will be a favourite for years to come.xxx

cnelson said...

WOWZERS! So GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

Stunning wreath Ros, you couldn't have altered it any better than you just did. Fabulous flowers, they all make such a perfect match, and of course your embellishments, they are exquisite! Hugs, Ira

jacirascrap said...

Ros,está linda sua peça!! Suas rosas na partitura são mesmo brilhantes (dá para percebe em algumas fotos)!! Um coração de vime que foi totalmente transformado!!

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous wreath, Ros! Breathtakingly beautiful! Have a wonderful evening.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, this is magically gorgeous!! I think I'd like to make something similar for my neighbors!!

XO
Cindy

Cindy Adkins said...

Can you email me all your exquisite flowers? lol They are soooo gorgeous!!!!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Oh, Ros, you always nearly cause a heart attack - your projects are always so unbelievably beautiful... what can I say - I´ve no words!
All these hues of white and cream together with silver, and the mix of the materials, like music note paper, fabric, glass, pearls and glitter... fabulous! LOVE IT!!!

Rebekah said...

SO very shabby chic and wonderful. winter wonderland comes to mind when I first saw it.. that must have taken ages to do but the reward is it looking so gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

oh Ross this is sooo pretty, fabulous wreath, hugs
Milagros

papertrails leaver said...

get out of town with this loveliness Ros! Wow! What an incredible makeover you did on this heart wreath! It's gorgeous!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Ahhhhh...... what a lovely wreath for the holiday!!!!

Debbie said...

Oh my shabby goodness, girl ... this is GORGEOUS! Who wouldn't want to hang that treasure on their door!! I adore the sheet music blooms and all the glass gems and bells! WOW! So happy to see you back in the Tea Room this week ... thanks for sharing your lovely project with us all :)

Michelle said...

Ross, this is truly a work of art! So beautiful and shabby chic! I love it!

Lynnda said...

WOW this is simply STUNNING... I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it... you are amazing my friend... hugs..xoxo

Unknown said...

What a beautiful wreath. So many pretty elements.. I just love it..

Hugs, Linda

Suzanne C said...

GORGEOUS!!!! This is stunning and is perfect for year round!

Jeanneke said...

Oh my dear...the wreath is stunning, Ros, absolutely adorable.
What a talented lady you are!
Sending hugs,

Jeanneke

Beate said...

Ros, your wreath looks AMAZING!
Hugs and smiles

Sasha said...

WOW!! Simply amazing Ros! So much wonderful creativity has gone into making your fabulous wreath!:)

Barbara said...

Wow - gorgeous! And this post reminds me that I still have the fall style wreath on the door, wuite weathered, too. Ahem... I think that should be the very next project!

Sheri said...

WOW! This is SO PRETTY! Thanks for sharing with us at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM ;-)

Stella said...

Well hun you really have outdone yourself. A piece of heaven; fabulous!!!!!!! ( And right up my alleye hee hee :)...)
Love and hugs,
Stella
XXXXXX