Sunday, July 15, 2012

Masculine cute

I'm almost afraid to say it ... We have sunshine ... Yay!
Ok so it's only expected to last till the end of the day ... but it's such a welcome change ... and hearing the birds singing once again is so lovely on a Sunday morning ... 

I have a card to share that I made for a friends partner ... it was his birthday yesterday


I discovered these gorgeous digital papers at Two Peas ... 
They are by Chrissy W  ... a mini kit called Quitetude ... lovely shades of blue and kraft ... perfect for a male card
The birthday stamp you've seen before ... HA also from Two Peas and with a little work in Photoshop ... I was able to match the colour text to the paper


I hand cut some ties which I hung from a little metal hanger and die cut some stars and buttons using SB by Nina Brackett (Home sweet home).  
Every time I call to see my friend ... her partner sits reading the papers so I had this little sticker of the teddy reading the papers and I thought it was just perfect ... I know it kinda makes it a cutsie card but maybe not overly so ... what do you think?

Have a wonderful Sunday ... thanks so much for stopping by and for all your lovely comments 

Till soon

~ Ros ~





20 comments:

Sasha said...

Such a delightful little card, Ros. Definitely not too cutsie...it's perfect for a guy and I love your brilliant tie hanger.
Isn't it lovely to see some blue sky? It definitely isn't a typical July day though...is it? It's quite windy and cool here. Enjoy the rest of your day x

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Fabulous card Ros - love those ties on the coat hanger ;))

Unknown said...

By the sound of your friend's partner your card is just spot on Ros! Your ties are so cute and the colours very masculine, so no worries there! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Rebekah said...

Ros this if just FAB!! Love those little hanging ties:)
Enjoy your sunshine.. we are having overcast and rain..

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I really love this cute masculine card, it is awesome and delightful all at one!

Linda Breedlove said...

I LOVE it, Ros... that teddy bear is just perfect... love the ties on the hanger. Just all too cute!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Yeah for sunshine Ros! Hope you soak it all in! Awesome card! Love the teddy and the ties! What a tough challenge but you made it look so easy!

Lynnda said...

I {{heart}} the baby blue Ros... such a sweet card!!! HUgs...xoxo

Tracy said...

Those ties are the cutest! What a great card Ros. The little bear is so sweet. He looks like he'd like to wear all those ties.
I've got a question for you. I've noticed that a lot of the English and even Australian crafters refer to their "partners". Does that always refer to one's husband or can it mean boyfriend/fiance, etc? Just curious. :-) Hugs!

Sylvia said...

Glad you had sunshine today. We had it all,sunshine and rain! got the lawn mowed, fertilized and then the rain came!!!Love your card, one of my favorites, blue! I hope the guy enjoys all the loveliness. Have a wonderful Monday!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous !! Iove those ties so much!! A perfect bloke card- after all they're so crazily hard. Glad we had some sunshine yesterday- missing it again today!!!

cnelson said...

Pretty much the CUTEST car EVER! LOVE the teddy bear and the ties on the hanger!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card my friend.. I think he is going to LOVE it.. I do hope you are still getting some sunshine.

Hugs~

Chris said...

rain , rain & more rain in Cheshire today but what a lovely little card

jacirascrap said...

Ah...seu cartão me fez sorrir!! Adorei o cabide com as gravatas!!!!

Barbara said...

What a gorgeous card! I love that personal touch of the bear reading a paper... and it reminds me that I have clotheshangers just like this, too. Somewhere.

Stella said...

Not too girly; it's perfect dearie! I love the ties and sentiment. And these colors; right up my alleye. Masculine cards are not easy to make and this one is stunning!
XXXXXX

Deb Hickman said...

What a gorgeous masculine card, l just love the coat hanger of ties, very cute. Deb xxx

Sue Lelli said...

This card is just Delightful, Ros! LOVE the ties on the hanger - BRILLIANT! LOVE the bear reading the paper! LOVE the colors! LOVE everything! PERFECT masculine card!

lauren bergold said...

definitely *NOT* in overload, at all! i thought the bear was cool anyway, but when you say that's sort of "his thing" it's utterly PERFECT! of course the thing that's stunning me the very most here (tho it's ALL gorgeous) is that little wire hanger full of NECKTIES!!! total and completely GENIUS, that is, i adore it!!! ♥!!