Monday, August 20, 2012

A Rooster?

Hi ... did you have a good weekend? 
I spent yesterday doing jobs that I kept putting off ... you know ... hemming a few things, taking down curtains and giving them a good wash ... I still have so many things that I should do ... but working up the desire to do them ... that's another matter!

Sometime ago I bought this little spoon/tea bag dish


... and each time I looked at it ... I had the desire to make a card ... I have no idea why .. just sometimes things like that spark something in me ... So that's what I was talking about last week when I said I had to go with my creative idea ... nothing big ... I just needed to get this out my system
  I used a rooster image and  the sunflowers from The Graphics Fairy  



I still can't figure out why I needed to do this ... I mean it's not really 'me' ... is it? And who will I send it to?


Maybe one of my brothers ... it will be his birthday in a couple of months ... kind of an "old rooster" Ha!
The lovely wood look paper is a digital by Gennifer Bursett, the mesh was cut on my cameo and the chicken wire overlay I found on the internet ... and you know ... I somehow really like this whimsical card ...
Yep, there's definitely a crazy side to me ... 

I'll be back tomorrow with my DT project for CCCB ... you've still got a little time to enter this weeks' Fabric challenge too if you wish  

Have a great day

~ Ros ~





15 comments:

Sasha said...

Fabulous card, Ros. I love your image and your beautiful gingham bow x

Diane said...

A perfect Rooster card....love that gingham ribbon...and who to send it, to...me~me~me...wait, I'm not an old rooster...lol...sure hope your brother doesn't read your blog...lol...I think its a beautiful card!!

Anonymous said...

Oh it's fabulous- so on trend too! Hexagons, Cool mesh, wooden look paper. Ms Ros- too cool!! Guess you could send it to anyone ( apart from those with rooster-phobias). Hoping to catch up with you in September?- when I'll be in need of a coffee!

Barbara said...

It's a beautiful card that whoever receives it will love! Sometimes it's "weird" ideas like this that make for the best cards.

Sylvia said...

I can't tell you why you needed to make this card, Ros, but it is beautiful! Wonderful rooster image and the attention to detail is lovely as well. Maybe it is a wish that warm weather and sunshine stay around a bit longer.

Rebekah said...

Oh Ros! This is darling! Love your diecut in the background. reminds me of chicken wire. This is FAB!!

Unknown said...

Wow Ros, you and your cameo work miracles together, really love that fantastic wire background. There's a great country feel to your card, simply beautiful!
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

I love it!
Gorgeous card:)
Beautiful details Ros, and pretty colours.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What a fabulous card, Ros! Loooove that image and the textured background. It's amazing where we can sometimes find inspiration :)))

Unknown said...

I just love how your creative mind works.. This look wonderful. I am glad you went with your gut feeling..

Hugs~

Tracy said...

Oh you're welcome to send him to live with me Ros. He'll get along famously with my rooster/chicken collection. LOL That Cameo mesh cut is unbelievable! So delicate. Hugs!

Mona Pendleton said...

Great take on the inspiration Ros! Love the fancy die cut background and the big gingham bow! I bet it would make someone's day to receive this beauty just because...

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty! Great shape and love love love the details!

Lynnda said...

Gorgeous Rooster card... hugs..xoxo

Heather Rogers said...

Too stinkin' cute Ros! I love the rooster. My grandmother used to have rooster dishes in her kitchen. :)

Hugs~