Tuesday, December 04, 2012

City Crafter Challenge

Hi there! 
This post is scheduled today as I am on my way to Lincoln ... My Aunt is supposed to be going into hospital tomorrow for her hip replacement ... The plan was for me to be there to care for her ... however, she caught a chest infection at the end of last week and has been on antibiotics ... we are keeping our fingers crossed that she will be well enough for the op to go ahead ... otherwise it will have to be re-scheduled ...
Still, we get to spend some time together which will be lovely!

Today I am hosting the challenge at City Crafter and I have chosen a photo inspiration challenge for you and what we want to see is a project using
ONLY the colours in the picture ... your project can be Christmas related but it does NOT have to be ... just have fun!

Here is the photo



... And here is my card


The background paper is a plain paper from Pink Petticoat naturals ... and I imported it to photoshop where I added the snowy detail before printing it ... then I added stickles to make it glisten


The cats and the fence were cut on the Cameo ... I added glossy accents to the fence and then a little flower soft for snow ... (you can click to enlarge) ...
The sentiment is a stamp I was sent from Suzanne last year ... perfect for this card and perfect for the weather we are having here!


I'm thinking that perhaps I should have added something else to this card ... Hey ho ...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with and to seeing what the rest of the DT have come up with too ... They are such a talented bunch!

Have a beautiful day and stay warm
Thanks for stopping by

~ Ros ~





15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ros I hope your Aunts surgery goes well! She is in my prayers! I love your adorable card!

Mrs Beez said...

I just love this card - it just makes you want to smile and the words are perfect (what a great stamp). It was just the card for me to see after an hilarious encounter with a neighbours cat yesterday. Fab inspiration photo' too. (Sorry if you have two comments from me, I have a feeling I messed the previous one up)

My Paper Epiphany said...

Oh Ros it's perfect as it is - it doesn't need anything else. I love all of your work

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Adorable!!! Love the cats on the red fence!!
Hugs,
Uli

Sasha said...

Your card is delightful, Ros. I love those cute kitties and lovely stamped sentiment.
Sending best wishes to your aunt, and I do hope that she doesn't need to have her operation re scheduled.
You take care, too! xx

LeAnne said...

This is ADORABLE! It is just fine the way it is! Love it!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE those bits of Stickles, Ros! And those kittens are over-the-top ADORABLE! LOVE this!

Unknown said...

Oh no Ros, you definitely need not add anything to this card! It's gorgeous! The cats are so you, love their shaped tails, too cute! Hope your aunt will be fine. Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Unknown said...

Your card doesn't need anything else. It is totally adorable the way it is. I just love the image of the cats on the fence.

Safe travels my friend.

Hugs~

Sylvia said...

Such a fun and happy card, Ros, love those kitties! So hope your aunt is well enough for surgery and that you have a lovely visit! Enjoy your time and have a good journey!

Chris said...

What an adorable card. Love the cats sitting on the fence. I don't think you should add anything else - it's purrfect :o)

Tracy said...

This is such a fun little scene Ros. The cats on the fence are too cute and I LOVE the sentiment. LOL Hugs!

Lynnda said...

Ahh this card is so beautiful and cute... love it to bits... hugs...xoxo

Sue Lelli said...

Ros, being the cat lover that I am and owning an all black kitty~ I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with this Stunning card! LOVE the glistening snow and the red fence and that FAB sentiment, too! (Keep us posted on your Aunt.)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so sweet, whenever you have black cats on your creation, I always thought of the one you had at home!