Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Papercraft Star 127

Here I am back again ...
Today starts a new challenge at Papercraft Star where we have a photo inspiration challenge for you 


Strangely I knew exactly what I wanted to do for this challenge and that never happens! 
And ... I did something I don't usually so ... sponging with inks ... I surprised myself at the result



I used two inks and then popped my paper into my printer and used a HA digital stamp on top
The sentiment is also a digital from Pink Petticoat


I made a felt rose using a Sizzix die and cut some leaves on the Cameo

I wonder how this photo will speak to you? I'd love to see what you come up with ... Hop on over to the Blog to see what the rest of the team have come up with and be inspired to join us this week.

Till soon ... be safe

~ Ros ~





18 comments:

Diane said...

Elegant and gorgeous....love the felt Rose....I think this image will be a great challenge...one which you nailed perfectly..wow!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love the effect of the ink-sponged background, so soft and pretty, awesome work there!

Astrid Maclean said...

A lovely card, the sponged effect is beautiful!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Ros, love your scene and the felt rose is a nice touch! Hope you have a wonderful day, it is raining here!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Your result is wonderful! Love the soft sponged background and the felt rose together with the black leaves - really beautiful result!

Barbara said...

The sponged background is just perfect! What an elegant creation - love that quote by Dickens by the way.

Linda Breedlove said...

How lovely, Ros. That color scheme is stunning!

Unknown said...

Your card is a more than perfect interpretation of the photo Ros and how I love that quote, too, but then I'm a huge Dickens fan ;-) Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Wow, wow, wow! I love your card! The background looks lovely and that rose is to die for! Love, love, love!

Tracy said...

Well you sure got an awesome effect with those inks Ros. Beautiful background for the birdie. Glad it turned out like you wanted. Hugs!

Unknown said...

I really do love your interpretation of the photo. What a beautiful card. I love the sponged background colors. So pretty my friend.

Hugs~

Sasha said...

Your sponged background looks so soft and reminds me of a misty sunset, Ros. Love your pretty felt rose and sentiment x

Unknown said...

Wonderful card! I like the felt rose too! and the sentiment is really nice))

Zue said...

I love this, Ros. I am so into blues at the moment.
Xxx

Heidi said...

Gorgeous card!
Beautiful design:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Sue Lelli said...

WOW! That is so PERFECT! LOVE your sponging and that GORGEOUS felt flower!

Michelle said...

Beautiful background and lovely flower, Ros! That is such a pretty shade of yellow!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Gorgeous card Ros! This came out so beautiful! You and Sylvia do the sponging technique so well I'm so inspired every time I see it.

Hugs,
Anitra