Thursday, July 02, 2015

Thinking of You and A Spoilt Cat

Hi there ... How's your week going?
We've had some really hot days over in the UK and I'm glad to see some rain right now

I've been busy preparing for my Aunt's visit and various other things and I'm trying to squeeze in a little time to create....

I got a new Silhouette Cameo some weeks ago ... (my previous one cost too much to repair) but I hadn't used the new one and when I finally did go to use it I saw that there were updates that had to be done ... I'm not going to bore you with the details but suffice to say it was not straightforward! 
Anyways, having finally sorted everything I thought I'd cut a few things 
Here's a card I made after cutting that bird and branch


For the background I did some water colouring using TH distress stains and some gold ink


This is going to a friend of mine ... Remember a while ago I was hospital visiting to see an old friend who was critical ... Thankfully she is now home ... She's weak and cannot walk yet but she's on the mend and now her Mum who I love dearly is going in for her cancer operation... I hope this little card will cheer her


Before I go I have to share a picture of Ginger or Gingie as I call him - You may recall that in good weather he would spend all day on the swing hammock ... No one else got a look in so I bought a new smaller one ... Yep ... He's claimed it as his own and spends all day and evening on it and is loving this good weather


It's a hard life!

Enjoy the rest of your week

~ Ros ~



16 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Ros! Love the inky background! Your kitty is so sweet!

Diane said...

What a perfect sentiment for the card...clever!! Another beauty, I am sure she will loveit. As for Mr Ginger, he sure has the life doesn't he! I have been out of sorts since Sunday, I rescued a starving little kitty the same color as Ginger, maybe 6 weeks old, I found in in an old barrel..long story, but I tried to save him, and he was going to the vet on Tuesday, but he passed away on Monday night, I was with him all night, it was devastating and I begged him to hold on...so enough...I almost had a "ginger" kitty!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wonderful card! And my oh my, that little ginger cat, don't we all love our little friend?

Barbara said...

Oh, Gingie is hilarious!! I wish I had a swing hammock like that... We've had 38C here today and I decided it was best to stay indoors. Don't know what I'll do about the alumni meeting on Saturday when 40+ are forecast. Anyhow: I LOVE your card and I'm glad your friend is so much better - keeping my fingers crossed for her Mom, too!

Kara Lynne said...

That is one happy cat! So glad you're using your new Silhouette. The best thing to do is dive right in. Wouldn't it be fun if we all could just run over to each other's houses when we had a tech problem! I love your bird and the background is gorgeous! I'm so glad your friend is back home, but sorry there is still so much they are going through.

Greta said...

Oh wow--that is such an adorable picture of Ginger--gave me such a chuckle! Glad you got some rain--we heard there was a heat wave in England. Unfortunately, no rain forecast for us & I'm so tired of temps in the 90s for so many days in a row! How wonderful your friend is home & I wish her mom a successful surgery & uncomplicated recovery. Your card is gorgeous, Ros--LOVE your style!

Pamellia said...

HOLY HAMMERTIME!! LOVE this one Ros!! That black bird on the vibrant background, all set against the white base...LOVE!!! So gorgeous!! Well looks like Ginger is having a lovely day, too funny! hugs :)

Mrs Beez said...

Stunning card Ros with another fabulous background. I haven't used my Silhouette since the computer it was programmed on packed up. I really should sort that out!!! Love it that your cat has its own sun lounger.

cedarmerefarm said...

That's a beautiful card. It will make your friend smile, I am sure of it! And Ginger, he sure knows how to enjoy life!

Robyn Oliver said...

Lucky Gingie and a lovely card for your friend..good to hear she's on the improve and now hope all goes well for her mum.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

What a great card! Visiting from your host link on OBW.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the water colored BG and the black image and frame! Brilliant! And your kitty....LOVE!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Such a sweet post, Ros. Love the watercoloured background on your card and Gingie really does look spoilt! One very lucky cat :)

Tracy said...

Gingie looks right at home. Hee hee. The card is lovely. The bird and branch are such a relaxing scene and your touch of watercolor softens it even more. Glad to hear your friend is doing better.

Linda Breedlove said...

So beautiful... your water coloring is gorgeous!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I hear you on the Silhouette! It's wonderful now, but it almost got returned before it was even 24 hours old. Why in the world would there be updates before it ever came out of the box?! I get it a little more now, but the helpline wasn't helpful and even rude in the beginning. Turns out that there was an issue with the blade in my box. Customer service wouldn't believe me, but I was so fortunate to have purchased it at a store that new me well, and they were super helpful with returns!

Anyway... Your card is beautiful! Love that watercolor background to bits and pieces, and the black bird is so striking set against it!