Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Just Because

Hello friends

I think I've almost caught up with everything and even got my project for Thursday club sorted phew!
I spent a lovely afternoon with my friend Pat on Monday and we chatted, drank coffee and ate some of my homemade buns and of course did some card making...

Having seen These lovely cards on Danielle Flanders blog I was inspired to try out this technique and here's what I came up with


The flower stamp I used is an old one by American Crafts - and I used the umbrella die from Impression Obsessions


I'm loving the Label Maker Sentiments from MFT ... There are so many combinations you can come up with


You can just see that I put some black CS behind the front of the card and slightly offset the umbrellas just to give a little more definition and shadow

I hope your having a good day ... We had wonderful weather and it's set to last for a few more days yet

Thanks so much for stopping by

Till soon

~ Ros ~



17 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Great technique, so very effective. Liking the idea of the black CS behind and slightly offsetting the umbrella, works brilliantly. Loving those sentiments too x

Barbara said...

It seems that "Just because" is about the best reason to make and send a card... lovely!

Anonymous said...

Love Ros! The flowers are beautifully stamped and the umbrella's are wonderful popped up!

Stella said...

I love your take on this technique. Great idea to use this umbrella die. And we ar elucky we don't need an umbrella for the upcoming days; the weather here is great too.
Hope to chat soon:)
XXXXX

Maria said...

So very pretty with the flowers and umbrellas, Ros! Looks like a fun technique! Sounds like you had a great time visiting with your friend...how fun!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Ros! Love the little blossoms and fun umbrellas! The sequins add a great touch!

Davi said...

Ros I LOVE this card!! So bright and fun! The bit of off set of the umbrellas adds a great bit of dimension to them, they really seem as if they are floating!!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Ros. Thanks for stopping by my mainly writing blog. I hope to see you there again soon, but I'd love it if you'd stop by my other site too, if it's not too much to ask?
Hugs,
Em, AKA Creative Em

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

BEAUTIFUL card!!!!

Sylvia said...

So pretty, Ros, I love your umbrellas! Happy weekend!

Robyn Oliver said...

OOOH Ros, more fabulous techniques,must try this one too - just love your card and Danielle's too. As always fresh and pretty.

Diane said...

Gorgeous...so pretty...and a great way to put those umbrella's to use..love it, love it my friend!!

Marina said...

Really pretty and fresh look. Great design with the umbrellas.

Mrs Beez said...

Very pretty - love how you have lifted the umbrellas up, great idea.

Tracy said...

Fantastic effect with those popped up umbrellas. The stamping adds a lot of interest too. :-)

Jinny Newlin said...

I saw this technique on Danielle's blog, but I've got to say that I think you did it better ;). So pretty, and ever so cute! And I just love those block sentiments!

Greta said...

Oh wow--what a great use of Danielle's technique! I just love the look of your card, Ros! Glad you had fun with your friend!