Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Case This Sketch

Hello...

If you are looking for my post for City Crafter please scroll down...

I don't normally post another card on the day of my DT post but I so wanted to join in this week with 

Case This Sketch

The talented Chrissy Larson has provided a really interesting sketch for the challenge this week 



The photo made me think of looking through a frosty window


...That's what I tried to achieve by painting a mix of white acrylic and water onto acetate, flicking the brush to get those uneven strokes... A little glitter helps to get the frosty look


Beneath the acetate I did some ink blending and stamped those two little birds on a branch


It's so very blustery here... Not long before we have frosty windows I suspect...

Take care and enjoy your day/evening

~ Ros ~




15 comments:

Barbara said...

The effect is brilliant! Gorgeous card!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Great design!

Greta said...

Blustery here, too! This is amazing, Ros! Incredible use of acetate--love this card!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Sweetie, this is such a gorgeous card! It truly has a wonderful winter feel to it. Gorgeous background behind the beautiful birds. Sending you hugs xx

Maria said...

The effect that you achieved with the frost look window is so amazing, Ros! And, love the silhouette of the two birds! One of my favs...love it!:-)

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Just love the gorgeous, frosty effect you've created!!! Fabulous card Ros~ Hugs, Rebecca

Darnell said...

This is a total winner in my book, Ros! The frosty window effect you achieved is extraordinary!! WOW! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Mrs Beez said...

Another beauty Ros. Somehow you have created a scene that is both chilly and cosy! Love it.

Diane said...

WOW..this is a fabulous card and I think a very favorite of mine I just have to pin yet another of your awesome cards...beautiful, beautiful....I saw this sketch and you have captured it perfectly!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Jinny Newlin said...

Eeek! This is gorgeous! What a great technique! Love to try that one some day. Wow! Thanks for sharing, love!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Ros! Love the pretty scene that you created! The shimmery detail adds a nice touch!

Tracy said...

You captured that frosty feel beautifully Ros. Very pretty. :-)

Lorraine said...

Omigosh! This is genius! I love your technique and can't wait to give it a try. Wonderfully done!

jan metcalf said...

You captured light beautifully!