Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Having Faith

Hello there

We've all been there right? When you know you have to get a card out that day and it's the same day your inspiration has taken a holiday...
I had one of those days on Monday .. I needed to make a card for a friend's birthday (a special friend needs a special card right?) But my head was empty of ideas. I searched my files for inspiration, trawled Pinterest, visited loads of my favourite bloggers, fiddled and faffed with things on my desk and NOTHING sparked my brain....sigh

When I get those days I whisper to myself that I WILL get this done and it WILL be just right... I have faith, if not in me, in some other power... It worked


She loves green and I was amazed to see a new addition to her beautiful collection of ornaments.. a pair of silver and black elephant candle holders...


And she loved her card that took virtually a whole day to come up with haha!
The wreath was cut on my Cameo and I used distress inks, water and Vibez snow storm for the BG


All in all I was pretty pleased with the result ...Now I have to have faith that I get everything done that needs to be done for Christmas

Enjoy your day!

~ Ros ~

17 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful Ros!! I can see why she loved it..so soft and pretty and the little Ellie is adorable...you have the pretties backgrounds you do, too!! I need to get my Cricut fired up, every time I read you have used your cutting machine, it inspires me to get mine going...but I need time..sigh!! Yes, I too have a big "the creativity has left the room" time...it came back full force yesterday, lets hope it stays!

Pamellia said...

Your mojo looks just fine to me Ros, this is so adorable! Love that fun wreath and the elephant is so cute. I'm sure she will love her card. hugs :)

Maria said...

Well, your faith prevailed, Ros! For you came up with a fantastic bday card for your friend! Such a lovely wreath! And, awesome background, stars, and sweet elephant...well done!:-)

Barbara said...

This card certainly did make her birthday unforgettable! Very sweet!

Mac Mable said...

So very cute and so adorable, absolutely love it x Yes we all have days like that but you came up trumps with this one x

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable card Ros! That little elephant is so cute! Love the stars and beautiful wreath!

Tracy said...

Seems those wonderful brainstorm ideas always come during a time crunch. LOL The ellie is adorable. Super cute Ros. Hugs!

aussie aNNie said...

Hello Ros, a delightful creation and lovely blog...x
 { aNNie}

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Such a very sweet card and delightful image~ Hugs to you Ros, Rebecca

Mrs Beez said...

After all your deliberations you certainly ended up with a brilliant card. So, so cute. It's that time of year when we have to remember that it will all get done, but the fear that it might not is always part of it. :)

Marcia Hill said...

It may have taken a while to come up with the idea, but the end result was so worth it...this card is just adorable Ros! I had to have this set when it came out and I have yet to use it...shame on me! I just pulled it out and set it on my desk to remind me, so thank you for the inspiration!! This is one seriously cute, cute card!! :0)

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--this is so special, Ros! Wish my mojo would come back like yours! How neat that she had new elephant ornaments!

Davi said...

Hey no holiday on the inspiration, this is Awesome! I love the pretty shimmery wreath around the pretty splash of color! The elephant is so sweet. A FABulous card Ros :)

Judith said...

... oh, yes, I know that feeling.
But your card turned out so pretty! Love the wreath and the little sweet elephant too!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Ros, I am sure your friend loved it. You have a special way of doing all your cards, I think you are just too hard on yourself...stuck on the idea of a perfect card! All your cards are beautiful!

Jinny Newlin said...

We've all had days like that. So glad you were persistent, because this is precious, and I have no doubts... appreciated. Go, you!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is adorable!