Friday, February 12, 2016

Birthdays

Hello... Happy Friday!

There are 2 birthdays to celebrate today ... one is my DH and one is my blog friend Greta!
Greta and I have discovered so many things we have in common it's spooky... We've never met and live thousands of miles apart but we have a connection...So.... 

Happy Birthday Greta!! 
Have an amazing day! 

Today I'm sharing the card I made for my husband


It's kind of a peaceful scene ... done with some ink blending and stamps


I was given some stamps years ago, they're oriental type stamps and I noticed that one of them looked like water so I stamped and embossed it with clear E/B and used a white gel pen to draw under some of the ripples

 
 When it came to cutting the sentiment ... I tried it in white and didn't like it so added a black one, offsetting it a little and I still didn't like it... I ended up covering a piece of CS with glitter tape and cutting out the sentiment again and adding that - again offsetting it... Finally it looked okay to me

I hope you have a lovely day and a great weekend ... Be safe

Till soon

~ Ros ~
 

18 comments:

Marina said...

Beautiful coastal effect and I love the angled layering.

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Ros! Surely Greta will treasure this! Love the relaxing scene that you created and the shimmery sentiment!

Greta said...

Thank you so much, dear friend! We certainly do have a connection regardless of the miles between us! Hope your hubby enjoyed his day. I know he must have loved the gorgeous card you created for him--wonderful use of the stamps! Hugs from Oregon-Greta

Pamellia said...

Wow, amazing Ros. That really does look like water, wow!! Gorgeous scene, very realistic. Hubby will love this! hugs :)

Mac Mable said...

Clever idea with the 'water' like stamp and clear embossing. Beautiful colours and such a serene scene. Loving the offset angle too x

Mrs Beez said...

Totally gorgeous - and just the place I'd like to be. It reminds me of a little spot on the Northumbrian coast that we used to pass every day. We meant to stop but never did!

Stella said...

Happy happy birthday to your DH sweetie! I hope it has been a special day; any plans for this evening?

I always enjoy looking at your cards; the ink blending is gorgeous. And a great idea to use these oriental stamps. You wrote about it but I never would have thought that these are oriental stamps. And adding a glittered sentiment is always a great idea :)
xxx

Stella said...

Oh my I am late....my apologies.
XXXXX

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful Ros and yes ... very serene! GREAT job on the sponging and overall design! I love doing this sort of thing ... you've inspired me to get out my stamps, sponges and ink! (Hope it comes out looking half as good as yours! LOL) HUGS and happy day!

Margaret said...

Love how you did the water. Margaret Crawford (no relation - haha)

Maria said...

Oh, what an amazing beach scene...so pretty! A big Happy Birthday to you husband!!!

Tracy said...

Oh wow I am so glad you found that stamp. It makes THE perfect water and the touches of white pen look just like foam. I think the layered sentiment looks so cool. Bet hubby was ready for another vacay after looking at this. LOL Hugs!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome card for your hubby, sure is a peaceful scene!

Barbara said...

How very pretty! Lovely colors and the glittery sentiment is downright amazing.

Jinny Newlin said...

Uber peaceful! Gorgeous, serene color, and I love the layered sentiment!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Such a beautiful, tranquil feel to this card! Love the blended scene!

Darnell said...

Oh, wow, Ros, your hubby is going to treasure this card always! It's extraordinary!

Isn't Greta the best? She truly is great and I'm so happy you two have become fast friends, too! It was a real treat to meet her in person! And, hey, I've been ill and taking it easy and I've missed your new blog design? Or am I hallucinating? I really love it!! Hugs, Darnell

Diane said...

Beautiful and peaceful looking, I would love to be sitting there right about now! You are so good with the sponging and inks...I have such a heavy hand with it and yours is always, always gorgeous!