Saturday, July 23, 2016

Retirement Card

Hello there ...

I'm feeling a little better having taken a short blog break... It's taken awhile to settle following the loss of my friend, I'm still not sleeping but that is partly down to the heat and my son has not been well.

Ross, however, is doing fine now and is at home recovering after a tonsillectomy that didn't go too well... And finally my home is looking a little straighter!

A couple of weeks ago we had the lounge redecorated but the fabric for the cushion covers hadn't been touched and there was so many things I needed to do including moving the furniture back, now the cushion covers are done, the furniture is back except for the new suite which has been delayed and I've done some card making - Ha! you should see how much ended up in the bin though...

One of the cards is a retirement card for my BIL - here it is


I'm loving that cat ... he's a digital from 'From The Heart Stamps' and I coloured him with Copics


I saw the sentiment on Pinterest and thought that in my case it is perfectly correct!


I also made another masculine card for my husband's friend who celebrates his birthday soon ... I'll share it with you next week

I hope you are enjoying your weekend, it's lovely weather here but a little muggy for me
I'll be catching up with you all very soon...

Take care

~ Ros ~


 

11 comments:

Greta said...

Glad you were able to do some crafting, Ros! Hope your son is better soon & that you can sleep restfully. Your card is just wonderful--made me giggle!

Leslie Miller said...

The cat cracks me up! Love this card, and the sentiment is too true, but I'm sure loving retirement. I'm glad you're feeling a little better. It helps to be able to catch up on a few things. Welcome back, Ros.

Mac Mable said...

So very glad you feel a little better but you just take your time x Sorry to hear about your son too and it looks like you've had a busy time with the lounge too...You'll need a holiday...somewhere warm and relaxing and to book the right place xx Yes I can relate to the sentiment on your fun card today. That cat image is such fun and love how you've grounded him with the stripes at the bottom. Welcome back xx

Sue Lelli said...

Darling kitty and I love your shading! I'll bet he loved it!

Tracy said...

LOL That's cute...and true!!! Most retirees really are busier that ever. The cat is fun. I like his big green eyes.

Mrs Beez said...

Oh this did make me smile. As my OH has recently retired I am finding it very difficult to continue with my own work!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is a cute one!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOL! Too cute! Glad you're getting everything back in order for your own peace of mind.

Diane said...

Super cute and fun card...love the cats expression and great coloring too! What would we do without Pinterest, it sure comes in handy!! Glad you are feeling better and things are looking up. Your new home redo sounds pretty, and cheerful too I would imagine!!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Ros, just love that cat!

Stella said...

Hopefully Mikey is on the mend; and you are feeling a bit better. Life is again so busy for you. Take care sweetie. I LMBO about the sentiment and I LOVE this cat!
Big hugs!
XXXXX