Tuesday, November 15, 2016

City Crafter 338

Hello!

Tuesday is upon us once again and it's time for a new challenge over at City Crafter
This week the lovely Stella has chosen our challenge and the theme is 
Beach Colours For Christmas



 I decided to make a bunch of my Christmas cards with paints and inks this year ... They come together so quickly and I really like making them. This time I smooshed distress stains onto CS and I blew across to get the streaks before splattering with Mr Huey's Calico mist. 


I did two of them in similar colours ... This is the other one


I added a Tim Holtz tree cut in glitter foam and left the centre piece in, funnily enough my DH loves these cards and usually he doesn't say much at all


We have Danielle  Guest Designing with us again this week having also won our challenge in Week 332, please go visit the City Crafter Blog to see what Danielle and the rest of our team have to inspire you.

Thanks so much for your visit, have a great day

~ Ros ~

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ros, hope all is well with you. What a great idea for a challenge. I adore the beautiful tones on both cards such a great technique with stunning and original outcome.

Marie

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Ros--these are so wonderful! Love that they look so modern, but also classy & gorgeous! I'm in awe once again! Gotta try to case these! Have a great week, my friend!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful Christmas cards, those colors are lovely!

Kathy Krug said...

I love your backgrounds. I am going to have to try that blowing technique. Love the silver tress with the simple sentiments. Just beautiful,Ros.

Leslie Miller said...

Ahhh, so that explains some of your streaky, splattery fantastic-ness. You make the BEST watercolor backgrounds! I absolutely love these colors, and they look like colors beach-loving you would like, as well. The silver trees look fabulous on these backgrounds. Beautiful!

Stella said...

Your husband is not the only one; I love them too:). This colour palette is one of my faves and I guess the same goes for you. Using watercolours and inks is a great idea for Christmas cards and you always come up with stunning cards. I am a fan:)
Thinking of you,
XXXXX

Sylvia said...

Lovely takes on the prompt photo, Ros. Such pretty colors! Have a beautiful Tuesday!

Maria said...

Oh, wow! I would never would have thought of beach colors for Christmas, but they surely are beautiful! Both cards are just lovely with the water color background and silver trees!!

Tracy said...

Oh these are so cool. Love the shiny trees paired with your pretty backgrounds. Very trendy I'd say. Hugs!

Marina said...

I love the fabulous splashy effect of the paint - gorgeous cards.

Darnell said...

Your background canvases are just mind-blowing, Ros, pun intended! WOW! And you've turned them into extraordinary beachy Christmas cards!! Hugs, Darnell

Diane said...

WOW, these are amazing, each one so unique and so beautiful!! Love the pretty 'beach' Christmas colors...so soothing and calm!

Barbara said...

Your cards are amazing! I can see why DH likes them: he has exquisite taste!