Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Lavender & Lace

Hello and welcome to February!

It's going to be busy here, there are lots of my friends and family celebrating birthdays and anniversaries this month, not to mention that it's also Valentine's day in a few weeks

Celebrating her birthday today is one of our Double D Challenge team members Kathy...


Happy Birthday Kathy!!

And talking of Double D, team Diane are hosting a brand new challenge today

Lavender and Lace 

Look at all those pretty things!

Boy this was a real challenge for me, the majority of our team create in a wonderful shabby chic style but I'm more of a CAS gal if you know what I mean and my inspiration was zilch... Anyhow, I did finally come up with something


And surprisingly it does feature lace... I know... Good job I kept some Lol!
Having finally completed my card it was a devil to photograph ... It looks so much better IRL


The burlap strip is silver grey to compliment the embossed sentiment and hearts and the lace is pure white, but you get the idea right? The challenge is all about Lavender and Lace in any style and as always the lovely creators Diane and Dar are offering a fabulous prize...


 So go on, get out your lavender and lace and come play along...

We're looking forward to seeing what you come up with...

Enjoy your day!

~ Ros ~

23 comments:

Vicki said...

Ros, this is beautiful! The background looks beautiful with the gold embossed sentiment. Lovely!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card love the lace across and the embossing.xx{aNNie}

Diane said...

Ros, I love, love your beautiful card and we LOVE your style among our team which helps make it so perfect. The softness of this card is just beautiful...the touch of lavender in the background is so 'dreamy'...another beautiful card my friend!

Unknown said...

I love your CAS design, I can't make these very well! Your card is simply beautiful, love the LOVE and your pretty bit of lace! I think it looks beautiful from here!

Maria said...

What a beauty of a card with the lavender and lace, Ros...so pretty!!

nancy littrell said...

Your CAS style lavender and lace work for me...another CAS style girl! Very pretty. TFS Ros. Hugs..

Kathy Krug said...

Your CAS is so very fabulous. While a lot of us need a choir to make beautiful music you can get the same effect with a trio. Beautiful design, Ros.

Darlene said...

This may have been out of your wheelhouse but you always come up with something GORGEOUS! You are so artistic! Awesome job!

Tracy said...

Lovely Ros. You've added your touch of lace in such an interesting way. Nice take on the challenge. Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

I think it looks fantastic, Ros! You did the lavender and lace, yet stayed true to your CAS style, which I love, by the way. Pretty lace!

Barbara said...

Your inspiration was zilch? Now, that is hard to believe! Such a lovely card - makes me want to go get out my little lavender bags, close my eyes and beam me down to Provence...

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Ros! Love the lavender background and fancy lace trimming!

Greta said...

Love the lavender & lace theme as I do love all things girly! So neat how you showed it doesn't have to mean Shabby Chic--a beautiful CAS card, Ros! The little bit of lace & that silvery burlap--wow!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Ros, this is so wonderful. I love the contrast of the lace and the burlap. The inky background is lovely along with those floating hearts.

Stella said...

I love your CAS take on this theme. I am with you and more a CAS kind of girl:) But this is lovely!
XX

Mac Mable said...

You've done a great job with this style Ros. Love the idea of the silver on top of the hessian. I never think to colour it in any way. The lavender colour is so delicate behind the gorgeous silver embossing. This may have been a 'challenge' for you Ros but you've done a really beautiful job and I can still see your style in there too x

Robyn Oliver said...

Simply 'lovely' card Ros,so pretty

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a beautiful card with pretty colors!

Marina said...

What a creative way to use lace - I often think of lace as a bit fussy but you have kept this quite CAS and it looks great.

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is so pretty Ros. The lace you used is gorgeous and the perfect touch with embossed elements on your card

Carol L said...

What a wonderful CAS design! The lace snippets are such an eye catcher along with those cascading hearts and pastel shade of lavender! Beautiful!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Ros...you have been busy!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Well if it looks better IRL, I probably would probably be drooling all over it. I'm a CAS lover, so I know how hard a challenge can be. But you nailed this one with the lavender, lace and silver.