Sunday, December 31, 2017

And the Last Birthday Card of the Year goes to.....

Carla!

 My friend's daughter Carla was born late on New Years Eve 30 years ago, they waited 16 long years for her to arrive so she is kind of special...

I'm must say I was glad to finally put away the Christmas stamps for another year and get back to making a birthday card....

In my favourite colours of Cracked Pistachio and Broken China (what a surprise!) Lol!  Who knows, I may even find a new colour combination that I love in 2018 and shock you all

 
I did pull out my Cameo to cut out all the words then I hand cut a little holder for a gift card for her

 
Are you celebrating tonight?  It will be a quiet New years Eve for us, DH and I will no doubt watch a film cosy and warm...With the cats of course, and maybe a glass of red wine?
 I always like take time to reflect on events of the year that we are leaving behind, the good and the not so good, and whilst I'm not one for making resolutions, I'll never stop hoping for peace in this crazy world of ours.

It's been a wonderful year in our creative community, don't you agree? Lots of new ideas, new techniques and new friendships forged....
To you all - I wish you and your loved ones a lovely evening - Be safe
 And a very 
Happy New Year 
filled with love, happiness and good health... Enjoy!

Till soon

~ Ros ~



 

16 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful card in the gorgeous colors Ros is famous for, all soft and dreamy!!
I wish the best coming year ever with good health and happiness and love!! Have a wonderful evening my friend, it sounds perfect and kind of like ours, except a beer instead of wine, lol.....the best to you and BIG hugs!!! XOXOXO

Carole said...

Wishing you and hubby a healthier and Happy New Year and I'll drink to all these wonderful blogging friendships that have been made this year...yours included , long may they continue. Big hugs xx

Carole said...

Whoops.....sorry!........what about that fabulous card you have made , it is so cute and a lovely colour combo...must remember that one! xx

Leslie Miller said...

It's hard to beat that pretty blue and green combo. Add the silver glitter, cute ellie with dangling heart, and the cloud border, and it goes beyond darling into the realm of fantastic. What a great sentiment to put on the front. Love the rhinestone to dot the "i". Way cool that it holds a gift card inside, too. We're spending our new year's eve quietly, as well. Enjoy, Ros!

Greta said...

Wishing you a wonderful 2018--thinking positive for you, dear friend! I so love your style & here's a perfect example! Beautifully unique BD card--I'm sure Carla loves it! New color combos are great, but you make magic with this one! Have a cozy, comfy New Year's celebration! Hugs, Greta

Darlene said...

Happy New Year Ros! Your creation is amazing and just beautiful! I'm always inspired by your designs and I agree ... happy to put the Christmas papers/stamps/dies away for another year! Wishing you all things FABULOUS in 2018!

Stella said...

At first I want to wish you and your beloved ones a happy, healthy and wonderful 2018! I hope you will feel better soon and looking forward to see you again. This card is agem. And I love these colours too!
XX

Kathy Krug said...

Happy New Year, Ros. What a darling card. Love that elephant sitting in the heart along with the bold glittery sentiment. So special.

Tracy said...

Happy new year Ros! Oh is she going to love this card. Nothing wrong with the color combo either. You know the old saying...if it ain't broke don't fix it. LOL Best wishes and much love.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a sweet card! Wishing you and all a wonderful 2018 filled with lots of love and laughter, good health and joy!

Mona Pendleton said...

Darling card Ros! Such a sweet image! Love the shimmery sentiment!

Pamellia said...

Hi Ros. Such a beautiful card! Just wanted to say Happy New Year!! I hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday! Thank you so much for all of your support and inspiration in 2017. May 2018 be a year of crafting, friendship and good health!! sending hugs :)

Mac Mable said...

Still struggling to get over this virus so still playing catch up, sorry fro commenting so late x I just didn't want to let this one go without commenting...It is so adorable, so cute and the prettiest card ever! Carla is indeed one special lady x

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a sweet card, Ros! The combo of Cracked Pistachio and Broken China is one of my favorites too. I love that you added the silver string with a pretty glitter heart to the cute elephant's trunk!
Happy New Year!
Hideko :-)

Barbara said...

I hope you did have that cozy evening you mentioned - it was about that here doing raclette with two friends of mine... and chatting into the wee hours. Your card is yet another beauty - and has that turned into an actual new year's resolution, to shock us with new color combos? Whatever you come up with, I'm sure it will be gorgeous!

Marina said...

Oh so pretty - the cut outs and borders make it special and I love the heart on the silver thread.
And Thank You for the beautiful NY card you sent me.I love it.