Sunday, April 08, 2018

Poppy Sympathy Card

Good morning friends...

I've had to make a few sympathy cards this month and here's another one that is going to the wife of my husband's friend who sadly lost her sister last week

  

I hadn't got a clue where I was going with this... The poppies had been coloured in a long time ago but remained unused till now 

 
 Having recently bought the die for them in the SSS sale was a bonus so I let them take centre stage


 The little cat just finished it off... Actually I had a few cat die cuts on my desk as I had to make another sympathy card for a lady who recently lost her cat... I'll share that with you later in the week

We're off to Majorca in a couple of days so I guess I should start to pack... A job I hate. I've been looking at the forecast for the 4 days that we will be there and it doesn't look good...sigh
Still it's a welcome break and a kind of celebration... My scan results were all clear! Yay! The pain I have been dealing with is all residual pain from the surgery and my body adapting to it's new position. The other piece of good news is that in time, the consultant thinks I can reverse the scoliosis that was caused by the damaged discs. 

Thanks so much for your kind wishes and keeping me in your prayers...

Enjoy your day

~ Ros ~
 

12 comments:

Pauline said...

Yay!!! Glad to hear your good news on your scan! Enjoy your time away, it's always good to get away for a few days. Love your card, a perfect sympathy, love your design and of course the little cat finishes this off perfectly! Have a wonderful day.

Diane said...

Beautiful card Ros and love the addition of the kitty...we have about 12 kittens right now from the feral cats...want one or two or 3? LOL...it's so cold not sure how they will survive but we have provided good shelter and of course food and water....happy to hear you are on the road to recovery and how nice you get to getaway for a bit, I sure hope you can have a few days of decent weather at least...take care my friend!

Greta said...

Oh I am so, so glad to hear your results, Ros! Doesn't make the pain go away, but must help to not also be worrying about needing more surgery or thinking it won't be gone in time. Good news, indeed! Lovely card--perfect way to showcase those gorgeous poppies! Wishing you a great time away--no matter the weather! Love & hugs, Greta

Marcia Hill said...

Such a GORGEOUS card Ros! Those poppies are beautiful and I love the layout of this card too...and of course the little black kitty!! And so happy to hear that your scans came out all clear! Sometimes it's so hard to be patient though while our bodies heal, isn't it?! Enjoy your time away and hopefully the forecast will change for the better!! :0)

Mau xx said...

First and foremost I am so pleased that you got good news from the consultant Ros, I pray you continue to improve.
Your card is beautiful, I just love your style! you make such clean and appealing cards!
Hope you enjoyed your break away xxxx
Mau

Leslie Miller said...

Those red poppies are popping beautifully against the white! Wow! Gosh, they look so good cut out with the die, which does such a nice job, even cutting the inner parts. That's the kind of die I need! Very cool design, and I LOVE the addition of the kitty. Fantastic news about your back! Just need more time, I guess. Even with the weather not so good, a couple of days in Majorca will be a nice change of scenery. Enjoy!

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful news from the scan Ros, about time you had some. I am so pleased for you and it must be a huge relief? Classy and elegant card and those poppies are gorgeous and your card so perfect for the sad occasion. Enjoy your holiday Ros, relax and catch up x

Maria said...

So happy to hear your results from your testing came out well, Ros! When, your back hurts, it seems your whole body hurts at times. I do hope in a short time that your body adjusts to the new position. Those muscle can be stubborn at times getting back to normal. But, I'm sure you were very happy to hear the good results! Your card is so gorgeous with the red flowers and the darling black cat! I'm sure the recipient will love it! You take good care and enjoy your time away! Hugs!

Darnell said...

As a big fan of California poppies, I just love your design to let them take center stage, Ros, and the sweet cat die silhouette is a lovely addition! I'm so delighted to hear the results of your scan! What an enormous relief that all is for you. There is no weather bad enough to dampen your joyous and grateful mood as you venture out on your well-deserved getaway!! Safe travels! Hugs, Darnell

Papercraft Boutique said...

So glad to hear that your scan results were all clear, Ros!
The beautiful red poppies and the black cat look fantastic on the white card front. I love the shape of the card. Hideko xx

Tracy said...

Finally! I couldn't get blogger to let me comment. Seems to be working now. The way you've framed those delightful poppies adds so much interest to your card design. The cat is the official Ros signature. LOL

Barbara said...

Just plain beautiful!